Sony Reader can read PDF, Word!



Last evening at dinner with Sharon, Chet, Eric Forbes, Robert Rayner and Eugene, after the readings at Seksan, at a Thai restaurant, I broached the Sony Reader. Most of us were quite enthusiastic about it. It'll be selling in the UK for 199 pounds, probably about 1200 to 1400 ringgit here, where is quite reasonable and not too expensive, we think. Perhaps MPH could be persuaded to bring a few in? one of us asked Eric. I said I'd only want one if it can store my current scanned books. Well, this morning, reading from a Sony site, I found that it can:

'More Than eBooks
The Reader Digital Book isn’t just about reading eBooks. Using the included eBook Library 2.0 PC Software, you can easily transfer Adobe® PDF documents10, Microsoft Word documents5, BBeB Book, and other text file formats to the Reader, allowing you the flexibility to access and view multiple files at any time.'

MPH, bring the Sony Reader in!!!

2 comments:

  1. Unknown says

    I second that! I've been dying to get my hands on a Sony Reader! I just read an article announcing that Borders and Sony have formed a partnership to sell the Sony Reader at Borders Bookstores in the States. I wonder if the partnership will extend to Malaysian shores? If you manage to get your hands on one, do update me too as I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want a Sony Reader of my own!


    Leon Wing says

    thanks, ms ulat buku for reading this. I doubt Borders here will bring in the Reader. It is having a hard time sellings their own stock of books, CDs and DVS, etc. Last time I was there - very, very long time back - they moved shelves, remaindered all the CDs and DVDs and the place looked much messier. Anyway I heard borders in the US are not doing that well either.


Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.